Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SL500 - LTO4 Not Detected - Drive Type UNKNOWN

2009-02-18 12:12:08
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SL500 - LTO4 Not Detected - Drive Type UNKNOWN
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:49:41 -0000
Hi Justin
Correct. LTO3 Drives and Tapes in TLD(0) Robot
LTO4 Drives and Tapes in TLD(1) Robot

When I do an inventory on TLD(1) It see's the tapes, but the tapes are
in Scratch. So I am happy with that. Plus I checked the label reference
for LTO4, and I think this is where there might be a snag.....

The drives are known as HCART - As we discussed for LTO4 Drives.

The Label's for LTO3 are shown in NetBackup as xxxxL3 - where xxxx is
the last 4 digits of the barcode (ie: 0345L3)
The Label's for LTO4 are shown in Netbackup as AAAxxx - where AAA is
letters and xxx is numbers (ie: EII500) No mention of L4 at the end,
even though the label shows an L4.

Running a job on the new robot shows a 96 - which makes me think it
could be barcode related. Defined new Policy, with correct storage unit,
but job still fails. But reverting the policy back to its existing
storage unit shows its all ok.