Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client compatability with 6.5.3

2009-02-18 05:44:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client compatability with 6.5.3
From: "Jenner, Steven" <Steven.Jenner AT Intl.Telstra DOT com>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 10:24:01 -0000

Hi All,

I am finally looking at upgrading my existing NetBackup installation from 5.1 MP7 to 6.5.3 but have some concerns about backing up some old clients.

Basically I have to back up external customer servers (which I don’t necessarily have any admin rights to) some of which are running old versions of software which are not officially supported on the 6.5 compatibility matrix.

My questions therefore is, can anyone confirm if the following OS versions (copied below) can be backed up by 6.5.3 and if so what version of client software they have installed?

Windows NT

Linux 2.2 kernel

Solaris 7

Also can you determine the patch level of the OS by the reply NetBackup gives when interrogating the client i.e. does ‘Windows2000 5’ relate to a specific patch level?

Thanks in advance,

Steve.