Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Import error - media position error

2009-02-17 17:34:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Import error - media position error
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:14:23 -0600

Further to this point, if the tape was originally written on a drive of a different vendor, you may have the same problem as well.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

02/17/2009 04:04 PM

"Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>
cc
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Import error - media position error

That is usually the case.

However..

Something else you can try as well, try different tape drives, with older
(at least) LTO-2 drives, sometimes they are calibrated slightly
differently and one drive can read a tape that another cannot.

Justin.