Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Live Update.

2009-02-12 13:24:22
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Live Update.
From: rob worman <rob AT worman DOT org>
To: "Michitsch, John" <JMICHITS AT gannett DOT com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:04:01 -0600
John-

What kinds of problems did you have when you first tried this?

Here are the notes I took when I last set up LU, setting it up on 6.5GA and then patching to 6.5.1.

1) Set up the a disk share to store the LiveUpdate bundles. When you configure the NetBackup LiveUpdate Agent you must specify this location. Note that the location is referred to as the NetBackup LiveUpdate Server in the 6.5 Installation Guide.

2) Populate the LiveUpdate Server with the NBU LU bundles. Here is where you obtain the bundles, downloaded from  http://www.symantec.com/business/support/downloads.jsp?pid=15143. filter on 'FileTypes' and pick 'LiveUpdate'.

3) Install NetBackup LiveUpdate Agent from the UNIX Options CD. (NOTE: for windows, this is part of the NBU 6.5 installer)

4) Create the LiveUpdate policy on the Master Server.

5) Launch the LiveUpdate policy.

HTH
rob