Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] E-mail Notification on the LINUX (RedHat) Master Server

2009-02-09 17:58:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] E-mail Notification on the LINUX (RedHat) Master Server
From: "Servet Ince" <servet.ince AT gantek DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:38:02 +0200

Hello,

I'm trying to set the e-mail notification on the LINUX Master Server (6.5.1)

I've found the following document on the Symantec Knowledge Base;

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/316365.htm

It tells that NetBackup uses the mail transfer agent sendmail to send email notifications;

And they suggest that just set the needed settings on the Master Server GUI and then Install it from the following Web site and configure your environment accordingly:

http://www.sendmail.org/releases

I've dowload the suggested zip file, bur there is no readme,ınstallation guide or like those something.

Does anyone know how can I set the e-mail notification?

Do I need to install the sendmail ?

Please advise..

Thanks, Regards.

Servet