Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN BACKUPS

2009-02-09 14:13:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN BACKUPS
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT Staples DOT com>
To: "Asiye Yigit" <asiye.yigit AT gantek DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 11:57:59 -0700
"rw" by owner should be no problem for RMAN backups (I assume you mean on the oracle dbf files).

RMAN is an oracle utility, run by oracle, so only the oracle user needs to be able to read the file.

Just make sure you permissions on the log directories are 777 (drwxrwxrwx) and you'll be fine:
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/bphdb
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/dbclient
/usr/openv/netbackup/logs/user_ops

-M