Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NOM vs VCB

2009-02-06 15:28:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NOM vs VCB
From: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
To: Justin King <jking AT hnl.bcm DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:16:03 -0500

Justin

I will chime in for Aptare.

We evaluated NOM and found it to be of little use in our environment.  Aptare gives you historical data, and NBConsole gives current status, and
some historical info on backup status.  Not to mention that is was unstable at the time we evaluated is a couple of years ago, it might be
better now.

We have been using Aptare for 6+ years now.  Good product, good support.  We rely on it for out daily backup status used to create our
SOX complance reports.

Carl
Carl Stehman
Distributed Services
Pepcoholdings, Inc.
701 Ninth St NW
Washington DC 20068
202-331-6619

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI"). This Email is intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies. PHI policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email communication. PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such communications.