Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading to 6.5.3

2009-02-06 14:47:06
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading to 6.5.3
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: "Leidy, Jason D" <Leidy.Jason AT con-way DOT com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 13:32:59 -0600

For new clients, you have to install the base, 6.5.0, and then your patch. I'm pretty sure with the 5.1>6.5 upgrade, the clients have to have the same procedure. NetBackup has always been this way, but that doesn't mean it's the best way.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

"Leidy, Jason D" <Leidy.Jason AT con-way DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

02/06/2009 01:29 PM

"veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] Upgrading to 6.5.3

Folks,

        I'm not finding documentation on Symantec's web site regarding the clients upgrade to 6.5.3 (Master Server just got upgraded to 6.5.3). I've got several Windows clients on 5.1 MP6……, can I go straight to 6.5.3? Also, for new clients, I'm assuming I can just install 6.5.1 and upgrade to 6.5.3 (I don't need to install the 6.5.1a patch first).

Jason