Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] BMR on 6.5.3

2009-02-06 08:17:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] BMR on 6.5.3
From: scott.george AT parker DOT com
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 07:53:58 -0500
Greetings all,

I am testing BMR with 6.5.3 on a AIX 5.3 client.  My SRT and my client are
patched to the same level.  The entire restore process moves like it
should, but the bosboot doesn't succeed at the end, and the log gives me
this error:

0301-154 bosboot: missing proto file: /tmp/bosboot_9388_6192/filesystems

I saw older notes about 6.0 MP5 not supporting virtualized clients, but
nothing about 6.5, and this is a virtualized client.

Just wondering if anybody else has done this successfully.

Thanks,

Scott
PLEASE NOTE: The preceding information may be confidential or
privileged. It only should be used or disseminated for the purpose
of conducting business with Parker. If you are not an intended
recipient, please notify the sender by replying to this message and
then delete the information from your system. Thank you for your
cooperation.