Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DR compatibility

2009-02-05 13:16:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DR compatibility
From: rmg <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:55:45 -0500

masterbo wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I am working on a DR solution for my company. I use StorageTek SL500 and L180
> with LTO3 fiber attached. Netbackup is tuned with 256K data buffers. Now, I
> need a smaller tape unit at my active DR site to support reading LTO3 tape
> media from the primary sites. I looked at SL48, it looks like I can go just
> with 2xLTO3 full height drives in it to get the same fiber speed.

We've used a very similar configuration and had no problems reading tapes at
DR. SL500/LTO3 onsite, SL48/LTO4 at DR. 256k data buffers all around, all 4G
fiber. We went ahead and got LTO4 drives for the SL48 since they can read/write
LTO3 and we were already planning to upgrade or replace the SL500.