Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DR compatibility

2009-02-05 11:31:58
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DR compatibility
From: Boris Kraizman <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 10:57:58 -0500
Hi Folks,

I am working on a DR solution for my company. I use StorageTek SL500 and L180 with LTO3 fiber attached. Netbackup is tuned with 256K data buffers. Now, I need a smaller tape unit at my active DR site to support reading LTO3 tape media from the primary sites. I looked at SL48, it looks like I can go just with 2xLTO3 full height drives in it to get the same fiber speed. I used a StorageTek L20 in the past with Ultra 160 SCSI LVD and I could not read tapes written with 256k data buffers. And based on the sizing for the business applications in the DR, I would need 4 tape drives at least. I would appricaite, if anybody would give their recommendations.

Thank you,
Boris