Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] What are steps to replace drive in ACSLS enviornment ?

2009-02-04 12:53:04
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] What are steps to replace drive in ACSLS enviornment ?
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:35:27 -0600

After drive replacement, I have used tpconfig command and selected the drive and then update options to refresh the serial number. This assumes that all other info is the same.
Probably the same as what Justin listed below, just the manual way.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

02/04/2009 11:17 AM

ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
cc
veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, Anil.Maurya AT sanofi-aventis DOT com, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, ckstehman AT pepco DOT com wrote:

> I have documented some steps that may be helpful.
>
> If possible do this when no backups are running.  You may need to
> de-activate all policies.  This should give you a rough idea of the
> steps needed.
>
> Environment:
>
> STK SL8500 with LTO2 tape drives, controlled by ACSLS server running
> version 7.1.  Netbackup 6.0 MP4, 5 or 6, 6.5 Windows Master and Media

Very nice instructions but IMO there is an easier method:

1. Allow Sun to replace the tape drive.
2. On media server, run /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/stopltid
3. On media server, run /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/ltid
4. You will see DRIVE:MISSING_SN######.
5. On media server, run /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpautoconf -replace_drive Drive_Name.
6. It that does not work, delete the drive and re-add it, use the full command line to add the drive and name it.

Example:
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -update -robot 0 -drive 3 -robtype acs -ACS 0 -LSM 2 -PANEL 1 -DRIVE 14 ; /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -update -drive 3 -newasciiname Drive21

Justin.