Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] What are steps to replace drive in ACSLS enviornment ?

2009-02-04 12:26:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] What are steps to replace drive in ACSLS enviornment ?
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: ckstehman AT pepco DOT com
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 11:53:57 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 4 Feb 2009, ckstehman AT pepco DOT com wrote:

> I have documented some steps that may be helpful.
>
> If possible do this when no backups are running.  You may need to
> de-activate all policies.  This should give you a rough idea of the
> steps needed.
>
> Environment:
>
> STK SL8500 with LTO2 tape drives, controlled by ACSLS server running
> version 7.1.  Netbackup 6.0 MP4, 5 or 6, 6.5 Windows Master and Media

Very nice instructions but IMO there is an easier method:

1. Allow Sun to replace the tape drive.
2. On media server, run /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/stopltid
3. On media server, run /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/ltid
4. You will see DRIVE:MISSING_SN######.
5. On media server, run /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpautoconf -replace_drive
Drive_Name.
6. It that does not work, delete the drive and re-add it, use the full command
line to add the drive and name it.

Example:
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -update -robot 0 -drive 3 -robtype acs -ACS 0
-LSM 2 -PANEL 1 -DRIVE 14 ; /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpconfig -update -drive 3
-newasciiname Drive21

Justin.