Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] "Status = 12" (file open failed) in bpbackup

2009-02-03 14:15:49
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] "Status = 12" (file open failed) in bpbackup
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 13:50:58 -0500
In fact in places I've worked that we used a scheduler (Maestro/Tivoli
Workload Scheduler) we did have it abend on non-zero exit status.  That
is actually default behavior.

At one site we actually wrote wrapper scripts to set exit status on the
backup script so that if it was an status 1 from NBU the script would
report an exit status 0 to prevent abends.

Often you want this because the backup is just one part of a much larger
schedule such as a BCV process where you have to do the synchronization
from one server, stop the database and split the BCV on Production then
import the BCV on yet another to do backup from it to tape.