Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 and Quantum Scalar 50

2009-02-03 12:14:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup 6.5 and Quantum Scalar 50
From: thgreatoz <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 11:31:48 -0500
I have a server running Netbackup 6.5 on Windows Server 2003 x64, and a Quantum
Scalar 50.  I have the robot and both drives in the Scalar visible in
Netbackup, I can move tapes around with the Scalar's web interface, and if I
manually move a tape into the Passthrough ports on the Scalar, I can right
click on the robot, select Inventory Drive, and those tapes will be added to
netbackup.   However, I can't see a way to move tapes that I've previously
scanned from the Load Ports (the magazines on the side) into the drives.  Right
now, it seems like if I want to do a backup job, I have to manually move tapes
from the load ports into the two passthrough slots, and only then will the
robot find the tape and load it into the drives.  Is this normal behavior?
What happens if I have a job that takes 3 tapes?  Will it stall out?