Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Status 24's - Socket Write Failed

2009-02-01 16:44:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Status 24's - Socket Write Failed
From: "Leidy, Jason D" <Leidy.Jason AT con-way DOT com>
To: "'veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu'" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 13:29:47 -0800
Folks,

        Losing my hair over a growing number of status 24's (socket write failed) since upgrading to 6.5.2 (could just be coincidence). The problematic clients, a mix of Windows of Linux (most are Windows though), are at 6.5.2 (as is the unix Master server). All are negotiating at 1000/Full and the backup switch is nowhere near saturated. All clients are big in volume (some Exchange, some file servers) and it typical (but not always) occurs when the client is waiting for another tape because it has filled one up. Symantec really thinks this issue is with our network….but I've been given no solid indicators to convince the network fellas, and we've got much bigger servers on the same switch that have no issues with backups.

Any ideas?

Jason