Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Is anyone using a HP MSL 8096 tape library?

2009-01-26 15:27:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is anyone using a HP MSL 8096 tape library?
From: "Baumann, Kevin" <kbaumann AT akamai DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:09:57 -0500
I have used the IBM TS 3310 as well as the 3584.  Both are very solid
systems and work well.  IBM support has been excellent as well.  If I
place a call for any issue I get a call back within 15 min, usually
sooner.

Have you looked at Quantum?  I have also used a ADIC (now Quantum) I2000
library, which also worked well.  If I had to choose, I would prefer the
IBM hardware though.