Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Symantec statement of support for virtual environments

2009-01-24 11:59:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Symantec statement of support for virtual environments
From: Ed Wilts <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 10:37:02 -0600
Since this seems to get asked regularly, I'll post the link to the official statement here.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/312604.pdf

This document describes the extent of support for NetBackup within a virtual environment. Ideally, every
NetBackup configuration supported in a traditional physical environment would also be supported in any
virtual environment without qualification. While that is our mission, it is not yet our practice.

Therefore, the purpose of this document is to:
• Clarify differences between NetBackup support in physical vs. virtual environments
• Describe general guidelines for support in virtual environments
• Describe impact upon specific NetBackup components: clients, servers, options, etc.
• Provide references to related information
Cheers,
.../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org