Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape Images

2009-01-22 18:18:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Tape Images
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 23:08:09 +0000
On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 02:42:25PM -0800, Jimenez, Daniel wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone had a script that would pull the image
> information on a couple of hundred tapes. I could run a bpimmedia
> command but by itself would take a while and I don't want to do one at
> a time so if someone would have a script I can gather the tape
> information and let the script run. Any ideas would be appreciated,
> thanks.

What specific information are you looking for?

For instance, here's a thread on the symantec forums where someone asked
a similar question and I posted a slightly obnoxious (but apparently
working) perl "one-liner" to print some information from a list of
tapes.

It could be expanded (and clarified) if needed.

I had a later thought that the script could poll the volume database for
the assigned time and the last write time, so it would only have to scan
the image database across those times.  So that's a future optimization
if this one is just hideously slow on your catalog.

https://forums.symantec.com/syment/board/message?board.id=21&message.id=52352

# bpimagelist -d <earliest date> -l | perl -lane 'BEGIN {for(`cat
/tmp/ck_tapes`){chomp;$t{$_}=1}} if (/^IMAGE/)
{$client=$F[1];$policy=$F[6];$date=$F[13]} elsif (/^FRAG/) {next unless
exists($t{$F[8]}); push @{$i{$F[8]}}, [$client, $policy, $date]; } END
{while(($tape, $info)=each %i) {print "$tape:"; for(@{$info}) {print "@$_";}}}'

--
Darren