Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.3 Problems

2009-01-20 19:54:56
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.3 Problems
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 18:39:01 -0600

Got it figured out.

Stupid PBX! I hate PBX!

If PBX is not started first, NBU just goes crazy. It won't even die right!

grrrrr

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

01/20/2009 06:29 PM

Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
cc
Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu, veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.3 Problems

We got past that error. Ended up being some weird Java GUI issue. Got the Windows GUI installed and it works ok.

But now I'm getting 25s. I suspect it's PBX related. We'll see. Waiting for the UK to answer. Any suggestions appreciated.

I'm beginning not to like doing the 6.5 upgrades.

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS
▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693

Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪
http://availability.sungard.com/
Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

01/20/2009 04:48 PM

Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
[Veritas-bu] 6.5.3 Problems

All,

Having a problem with an upgrade to 6.5.3 from 5.1 MP6. Nbpushdata was successful, except it was unable to push any storage unit groups we had created for any media servers, about 12 or so in total. When using the java gui, I receive the following error messages when accessing Activity Monitor and Storage Units sections:

Storage Units: Unknown message exception. Status code: -1

Activity Monitor: The following error occured while trying to refresh the daemon and process the data. This may be a temporary situation. You may want to turn off the auto refresh option on this data temporarily. Job data is still being refreshed. Connection to server <master> failed due to error: String index out of range: -1

Nothing will populate in Storage units pane, but I can use bpadm and bpstu* commands successfully.

Activity Monitor will populate the data after the message above pops up.

At first glance, NBDB seems sound and I have patched to 6.5.3 and removed/reinstalled the Java gui to 6.5.3 with no success. Not much on the web on this and I'm on the phone with symantec, but doesn't look like they know what it is, yet, either.

At this point, I do not know if the environment works properly or not, but I would assume it will, once I re-add the storage units or re-point all the policies, but i haven't gotten there yet.

Any tips/things to check would be great.