Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Making Expired Netbackup Tapes Unreadable

2009-01-16 11:58:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Making Expired Netbackup Tapes Unreadable
From: rvadde <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:45:35 -0500
Greetings,

I am pretty sure that a lot of you who are working for big enterprises are
aware of the legal holds and holding even the scratch tapes for the legal
purposes. I have a question related to this. There is a possibility that legal
might come back and ask to hold all tapes including the scratch tapes because
Netbackup has a mechanism to read those tapes and import them.

Is there a way we can make Netbackup tapes as unimportable easily with out
rewriting the whole tape?

Thanks