Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN Backup Status

2009-01-14 17:14:00
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] RMAN Backup Status
From: Kris Kirby <kris AT catonic DOT us>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 16:00:40 -0600 (CST)
On Wed, 14 Jan 2009, Jeffery Price wrote:
> Sftp your logs from each DB host back to master server (or media
> server).  Run the script against the consolidated log directory on the
> master or media server.

I've got a really stupid idea for unix servers only. Why not NFS mount
the log directory in a central location on a per-machine basis? I'm
almost certain that Netbackup has no mechanism for centralized
syslogging except through thier proprietary interface. While NB can be
chatty, being able to correlate all the events in one place would be
nice.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris AT catonic DOT us>
But remember, with no superpowers comes no responsibility.