Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backing up by application

2009-01-13 02:25:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backing up by application
From: kharris <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:16:26 -0500
We are redesigning our backup infrastructure to backup files based on
applictaion as opposed to server.One of the challenges is identifying wether
netbackup can go accross the network and pull files from multiple systems
provided an identifier is supplied and bucket them.We are well aware of the
policy,tape pool,as well as multiplexing aspects of this.We are trying to see
if this is possible.