Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.5.1 windows Flash backup restore

2009-01-08 09:38:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.1 windows Flash backup restore
From: "Clooney, David" <david.clooney AT bankofamerica DOT com>
To: judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com, jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com, veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 14:23:41 +0000
Hi All

NBU 6.5.1   Master Solaris 10
NBU 6.5.1 windows 2003 Media

We have process whereas we split an HDS shadow image pair and mount the
secondary volume onto the root of c: on one of our NBU windows media
servers, then take a backup.

i.e. once the process has completed the volume is C:\$voulme

I have setup a flashbackup windows policy with \\.\C:\$volume as the
criteria to backup.

The backup works fine and sails through, and individual file restores
complete successfully too however if I attempt to restore the whole
volume from the backup the restore job just stays in a queued state with
no indication as to whether there is some background processing going
on.

Flashbackup is new to our environment and was wondering whether this is
normal behaviour, or indeed if this is perhaps a known issue. None of
the virtual tapes used for the backup are mounted and there are no tar
processors active on the media server?

If any could shed some light it would be appreciated

Thanks

Dave

Notice to recipient:
The information in this internet e-mail and any attachments is confidential and
may be privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the
intended addressee please notify the sender immediately by telephone. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful.

When addressed to external clients any opinions or advice contained in this
internet e-mail are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any
applicable governing terms of business or client engagement letter issued by
the pertinent Bank of America group entity.

If this email originates from the U.K. please note that Bank of America, N.A.,
London Branch and Banc of America Securities Limited are authorised and
regulated by the Financial Services Authority.  For all U.K. corporate
disclosures, please refer to www.bankofamerica.com/ukcompanies