Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] nbu 6.5.1 lifecycle policy issue

2009-01-07 12:43:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] nbu 6.5.1 lifecycle policy issue
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 11:21:58 -0600
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 11:09 AM, smehta <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
Thanks for the update. I did open a call with Symantec and they came back with the same solution. Upgrade to 6.5.3.  However, we just completed the upgrade to 6.5.1. from 5.1 and have all the clients at 6.5.1. Upgrade was painful and so don't want to change to 6.5.3..

Not and day difference between the upgrade from 5.1 to 6.x and 6.5.1 to 6.5.3.  You can leave your clients at 6.5.1 and upgrade the master to 6.5.3  and this will help with your master server issues with minimum pain.  The vast majority of my clients are still 6.5.1.  Some are even 6.0.

To upgrade to 6.5.3,. you only need to do your master and your NOM server.  Media servers can be done, but don't need to be.  Clients only need to be done if you have a specific requirement for an individual client (e.g. Exchange Granular Restore).    If you chose to upgrade a client, however, its media server also needs to be upgraded.
    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org