Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Storage Lifecycle Policies

2009-01-06 13:54:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Storage Lifecycle Policies
From: wdlb5359 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 05:19:42 -0500
I've had the exact same problem, with a Solaris 10 NetBackup 6.5.3 server.
After looking at lots of things, I found the clue in that it worked if I ran
jnbSA from the server itself, but failed when I used my usual console, which is
the Windows Java Display Console.

I also then  noted that in the options for creating an SLP jnbSA allowed a
snapshot backup, where the Java console did not.  That capability was new in I
think 6.5.2, which put me on the right track.

I upgraded the Java console which was I think 6.5 GA (using the Java 6.5.3 x86
.exe) and the problem is fixed (for me).

I conclude that the Java console must be an exact match or possibly >= version
to the server being managed.  The moral is, when patching the Master Server,
patch any systems that you use to manage them also.

Certainly no obvious connection between the error and 'version mismatch'!