Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5.1 NDMP issue

2009-01-05 06:51:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.5.1 NDMP issue
From: "Andy Skates" <andy.skates AT btopenworld DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 11:35:23 -0000

Can anyone help me out with an issue I’m having with NBU 6.5.1A?

Configuration.

Master Server    -           Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2

NetBackup        -           6.5.1A

2 x IBM LTO3 drives (fibre attached)

1 LTO drive is zoned to the Master Server

1 LTO drive is zoned to a NetApp Filer (running ONTAP 7.2.2 and NDMP version 4)

Backups to the Master Server attached drive run without problems.

However the filer zoned drive keeps dropping into a DOWN status. I’ve been able to run manual NDMP backups, but I’m getting repeated problems with the Filer configured drive when the scheduled backups run overnight.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Regards,

Andy Skates