Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backups on one client hanging at the same point every time

2008-12-23 04:33:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backups on one client hanging at the same point every time
From: Kenneth Hansen <kenneth.hansen AT ementor DOT no>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 10:25:13 +0100
Hi,
Sound like Spaldam is on to something here. If open file option is not setup
you want to check that.
Problem not using open file option on windows client is that unless it's able
to read the file time out settings will be used.
After xxx sec setup in client properties netbackup will seem to be
unresponsive, but in fact netbackup is trig to read the file in use.
It will not start to respond again until "time out" Is passed.

Note setting I'm referring too is Client read timeout.

Look at bpbkar log for more info on the problem.

Kenneth