Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to setup standby master server for 6.5.3 ?

2008-12-20 18:09:47
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to setup standby master server for 6.5.3 ?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "bolobaboo kabootar" <bolobaboo AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 17:00:22 -0600
2008/12/20 bolobaboo kabootar <bolobaboo AT gmail DOT com>
I have one master server 6.5.3 on solaris 10. We are not planning to cluster it. I was thinking is there way to synch existing master server with another stand by solaris system. Then bring this stand by server if anything goes wrong with this pimary master server. This way will have minimum down time.
   Does any body has implemented this approch ? If you have done this can you passs on steps ?

There is a document on the Symantec web site on implementing highly available NetBackup solutions.  Start by reading that...

.../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org