Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Standalone to Custered migration

2008-12-19 23:41:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Standalone to Custered migration
From: spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 23:22:51 -0500
We are using the clustering script that comes with NetBackup.  The problem I
think is that the script drops the old EMM database and recreates a new one
with the new cluster configuration.  It then says it's populating the new
database, but apparently it's not doing a very good job of putting all of our
information back into it.

My colleagues and I have search and search for documentation, and we have found
plenty of it talking about how to build a clustered netbackup system, and how
to restore the catalog, but nothing on going from a standalone (that started at
v3.5 and is now at v6.5.2a with EEB) into a clustered environment.

It's clearly a problem with the EMM database, but how do we get around this
problem?

[quote="ewilts"]
It sounds like you don't have EMM properly defined in the cluster. There are a
bunch of High Availability guides on the Symantec web site depending on your
specific release and platform.