Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Standalone to Custered migration

2008-12-19 15:49:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Standalone to Custered migration
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 14:37:18 -0600
On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 2:11 PM, spaldam <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

I'm trying to replace the Master server with some new hardware, (simple enough to do, and I've done this successfully before) but I'd also like to cluster the master server.  I've done some testing on this using a catalog recovery that looks perfectly fine at first, until it's brought into the cluster.  After clustering all the media, volume pools, and volume groups are missing.  I'm still able search for and restore old data, but I have no visibility into all most old tapes.

Any suggesting would be appreciated.  Thanks.

It sounds like you don't have EMM properly defined in the cluster.  There are a bunch of High Availability guides on the Symantec web site depending on your specific release and platform.

  .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org