Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup file Listing revisited for NBU 6.x

2008-12-18 21:37:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup file Listing revisited for NBU 6.x
From: Dennis Peacock <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 21:25:07 -0500
OK...here's what I'm looking to do. I have 149 master backup servers. 47 of
them are Netbackup. Each master is a different customer. I'm looking to
automate a "Backup Audit Report" for Netbackup. It was easy enough to do for
Backup Express and Legato.

I need a post script that will insert the tapes used for the backup, a file
listing of what was backed up...including the path and file size that was
backed up. I understand that with Netbackup, this will be a tricky thing to do.
I just need to figure out what all I have to do in order to get the info I need.

Like this: Backup job FIDO-FULL just finishes, a post script kicks off and get
the policy name, schedule type, date/time of the start and end of the job and
then put out a listing of files/directories that were backed up in this
particular backup. Then email the report out via mailx. All systems here are
99% Unix/Linux boxes. So don't ask me about Windows.  [Wink]