Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] eliminating volume pools

2008-12-18 12:06:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] eliminating volume pools
From: <erik.robertello AT firstinvestors DOT com>
To: <ddunham AT taos DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:52:29 -0500
We are using approx 15 volume pools for several reasons.

Having many pools allows us to restore different pools simultaneously at our DR
facility, getting the maximum results within our window.

This is also the case for backing up the data.  Different media servers having
their own pools is really efficient.  We have a specific backup window that
might be hard to accomplish without using pools.

We would like to utilize KMS but we have learned that we are limited to 2 pools.

We are currently running 6.5.2 and will be upgrading to 6.5.3.

Really appreciate any suggestions.
Erik