Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up ZFS filesystems using Netbackup Ver 6.0 + MP4

2008-12-18 12:01:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Backing up ZFS filesystems using Netbackup Ver 6.0 + MP4
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: "Bhangui, Sandeep - BLS CTR" <Bhangui.Sandeep AT bls DOT gov>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 11:46:01 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008, Bhangui, Sandeep - BLS CTR wrote:

> Hi
>            Is support for ZFS filesystems on Solaris 10 included in
> Netbackup Ver 6.0 + MP4 or do I have to go to a higher MP level for
> Netbackup?.
>
> Complete Sun Solaris 10 shop here....planning to move some stuff to ZFS
> filesystem wanted to make sure that I can perform the bare minimum
> function backup and restore with the current setup I have for Netbackup
> which is Ver 6.0 + MP4.
>
> Thanks
> Sandeep

Page 24 of 25:

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Server/278064.pdf

OS Platform File System ACL Extended Attributes or Named
Data Streams
Notes
VxFS Yes Yes Solaris 8, 9, 10 Sparc
UFS Yes Yes (Solaris 9 and later) Solaris 8, 9, 10 Sparc & x86 Solaris 10
x64
Solaris ZFS Yes Yes Solaris 10 Sparc & x64
OpenAFS 1.4.x Yes Solaris 8, Sparc