Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Dr restores without importing tapes.

2008-12-10 04:47:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Dr restores without importing tapes.
From: "smpt" <smpt1 AT peppas DOT gr>
To: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:34:41 +0200

In simple way:

Move the tapes want to restore at the alternate server.

Find the backup images that are on those tapes.

Copy the image files from the image database to the alternate server.

Put the tape in the alternate library and do an inventory.

Move the tape to a “safe” pool.

Now if the backup was made from the master server and the name of the alternate master is the same do your restore. If not use “alternate restore server” and do your restore