Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrate tapes from TSM, Dataprotector to Netbackup

2008-11-30 13:31:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrate tapes from TSM, Dataprotector to Netbackup
From: RKastner <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 13:22:19 -0500
Hello to all,
i have the challenge to migrate several hundred of LTO2 tapes witten on TSM and
HP-DataProtector to Netbackup. The only way i see at the moment is, to restore
all this data to a filer and doing a new backup by Netbackup. I urgently
looking around  for some tool which does a direct copy from tape to tape and
also makes a format change from TSM/HP-DP to the Netbackup tar format. Maybe
someone can point me to such a magic tool.

Thanks in advance
Roland Kastner