Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Status Code 58

2008-11-26 14:05:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Status Code 58
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Will Tucker" <WTucker AT manh DOT com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:53:00 -0600
On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:39 AM, Will Tucker <WTucker AT manh DOT com> wrote:

I have inherited a NBU environment (Windows 2003 Server SP2) with one master server, 3 media servers which connect to an SL8500 (development backups), and 3 media servers which connect to a StorageTek L180 (production backups).  I'm receiving multiple status code 58 (can't connect to client) on my development jobs even though I'm running the bpclntcmd –hn command to obtain the correct hostname.  Any ideas?

It likely means that somebody doesn't have the server list set correctly on the client.  Do the following:

 bpgetconfig -M <clientname>

and search for the SERVER entries.  They must have the master server and all of the media servers in there (at least the media servers that the client needs).

To push out a new server list, put all of the servers in a file (including the "SERVER =" piece) and do a
 bpsetconfig -h <clientname> <serverfile>

This all works from a Unix master - translate it to Windows if required.

    .../Ed

Ed Wilts, RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP, SCSE
ewilts AT ewilts DOT org