Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Is it feasible to run NOM in a VMware virtual machine

2008-11-25 00:25:18
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is it feasible to run NOM in a VMware virtual machine
From: Jon Bousselot <jon-bousselot AT pacbell DOT net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 21:04:30 -0800
My experience with NOM on Solaris revealed it to be quite a memory hog.
If giving your VM NOM environment a pile of ram in VMware is acceptable
(+2GB?), then you might have a winning combination.  With Vmware, you
might get some of that physical ram back if you use the vmware tools and
hope for the best with transparent page sharing.

-Jon