Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Importing 6.5.0 Image on 5.1MP6

2008-11-21 16:33:44
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Importing 6.5.0 Image on 5.1MP6
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:22:51 -0600

Good to know. My objective here is to verify some tapes that someone else is having issues importing. They are on the same version, but have a different drive type (which brings me to another question that I'll create another post for). The only other location I have with IBM drives is at 5.1, hence my question.

Thanks,

Rusty Major, MCSE, BCFP, VCS ▪ Sr. Storage Engineer ▪ SunGard Availability Services ▪ 757 N. Eldridge Suite 200, Houston TX 77079 ▪ 281-584-4693
Keeping People and Information Connected® ▪ http://availability.sungard.com/
P Think before you print
CONFIDENTIALITY:  This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain confidential, proprietary and privileged information, and unauthorized disclosure or use is prohibited.  If you received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system.

Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

11/21/2008 03:09 PM

veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
cc
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] Importing 6.5.0 Image on 5.1MP6

> Has anyone imported a 6.5 image on 5.1 successfully? I think this
> should work ok, but wanted to see if anyone had done it and ran into
> any problems.

I had a case recently where someone set up a server and installed the 5.1
client, then tried to restore a backup that was done with a 6.5.1 client.
The restore failed when the tar process aborted (consistently) at a point
well into the restore. Upgrading the 5.1 client to 6.5.1 resolved the
problem.

                                                                     -
Bluejay Adametz

Definition: Subatomic Toasticles n. Tiny fragments of toast left behind in
the butter.