Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Importing 6.5.0 Image on 5.1MP6

2008-11-21 16:07:35
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Importing 6.5.0 Image on 5.1MP6
From: Bluejay AT fujigreenwood DOT com
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 15:54:25 -0500
> Has anyone imported a 6.5 image on 5.1 successfully? I think this
> should work ok, but wanted to see if anyone had done it and ran into
> any problems.

I had a case recently where someone set up a server and installed the 5.1
client, then tried to restore a backup that was done with a 6.5.1 client.
The restore failed when the tar process aborted (consistently) at a point
well into the restore. Upgrading the 5.1 client to 6.5.1 resolved the
problem.

                                                                      -
Bluejay Adametz

Definition: Subatomic Toasticles n. Tiny fragments of toast left behind in
the butter.