Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] drives on HP-UX

2008-11-18 08:15:26
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] drives on HP-UX
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Abhishek Dhingra1" <abhishek.dhingra AT in.ibm DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:05:12 -0500

Did you run “insf –e” after you ran the ioscan?  On HP the ioscan will detect the new hardware but doesn’t create the device files (/dev/rmt/*).  You have to run “insf –e” to install do that.  After you’ve done that running ioscan again will show the hardware paths to the drives associated with the devices to the device  file paths to the drives.