Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup Client Does Not Restart After Reboot

2008-11-14 15:07:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup Client Does Not Restart After Reboot
From: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 13:50:58 -0600

I found one google article that said this is a problem if you use the command line tsshutdn to reboot a Windows server.  Even though the NetBackup client is set to Automatic restart, I’m having jobs fail because the client does not restart after a reboot. I haven’t determined if every instance was a tsshutdn but I wanted to ask if anyone else has seen this. The article also said this was happening on 2003 Server and not previous versions.  I can go in and Start the client manually just fine but I’m looking for a fix . . . and then I’m going to keep working on this.

Anyone else seen this?

Thanks,
Randy