Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Shared drive problem

2008-11-13 14:15:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Shared drive problem
From: Mike Wigington <redclay30253 AT yahoo DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 10:59:55 -0800 (PST)
We had the same problem with our environment. AIX Master, AIX Media server and Windows Media server. All running NBU 6.5.2A. We have installed about 5 binaries and this problem seems to have been resolved. I would contact Veritas support and get the latest binaries for 6.5.2A.

As a work around when starting NetBackup, we would start the master server first and run vmdareq over and over until all of the tape drives show available and not showing a scanning status. Once vmdareq displayed all tape drive available consistantly, we would start the media servers.

eebinstaller.1406132.1.rs6000
eebinstaller.1410910.2.rs6000
eebinstaller.1429781.1.rs6000

I believe these 3 are the last one we installed.

I hope this helps.

Mike Wigington