Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] VMware VCB NBU and multipath

2008-11-11 04:25:24
Subject: [Veritas-bu] VMware VCB NBU and multipath
From: Anders Thome <anders.thome AT ementor DOT no>
To: "VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 10:08:29 +0100
Hi!

What is your practice/experience with NBU and VCB and multipathing software?

Most ESX environments has multipaths for VMFS.
So when presenting those VMFS to the proxy... one SHOULD present both/all paths.

But vmware does not support use of multipath software on the vcb-proxy (other
than certain versions of powerpath(which does not support our storage)) see:
http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1007479

We've tried to get information from Symantec regarding this with no luck.

Regards

Anders