Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Recovery by Copy 2 media (Secondary)

2008-11-10 18:50:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Catalog Recovery by Copy 2 media (Secondary)
From: "Bryan S. Leaman" <leaman AT bitbytes DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 18:33:31 -0500 (EST)
I ran into the same problem with our duplicate Vault catalog backup.  I
tried using the wizard, but for the second part of the recovery it looked
for the first tape.  I also tried editing the DR file to promote the
secondary to the primary, but that also did not work.

I opened a case with Symantec, and was told that you need to follow the
"Disaster Recovery Procedure without the DR Image File" method described
in the DR E-mail.  However, before proceeding with the "bprecover -r
-nbdb" step, you need to use bpchangeprimary to promote the secondary to
the primary.

If you try this, please let us know how it works.  I don't have a test
environment right now so I haven't tried it yet.

Bryan