Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] WIN32 21 on XP

2008-11-08 00:55:14
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] WIN32 21 on XP
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 00:43:00 -0500
> On all I receive WIN32 21 messages Backup from client pco0625: WRN -
> Removable Storage Management: unable to export database (WIN32 21: The
> device is not ready. ), the normal fix excluding files in system32 or
> disabling service is not working or not available.
>
> I've tried searching the internet, but no success as well.

You didn't find it on support.veritas.com?  Your error message is there,
and it's also on Google >250 times.  As I remember, there are three
related articles on the support site (disable RSM, make the microsoft
piece that complains about RSM being disabled shut up, and something
else Windowy).

But perhaps your issue is "the normal fix excluding files in system32 or
disabling service is not working or not available."  Suggest you expand
on that to the group.

XP?  You're running a media server on XP?