Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Data Domain vs Quantum DXi

2008-11-07 18:23:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Data Domain vs Quantum DXi
From: "Mark Glazerman" <Mark.Glazerman AT spartech DOT com>
To: "Nardello, John" <john.nardello AT wamu DOT net>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 17:14:15 -0600
That’s why we've been using Data Domain for over 2 years and couldn't be
happier with the product.

I have to confess to not knowing a huge amount about Quantum but reading some
of the earlier replies, I wonder why anyone would replace tape with a disk
based storage unit, only to configure that DSU to act just like a bunch of tape
drives. The NFS / CIFS options from DD work very well for our mixed environment
(Solaris and Windows) backing up Exchange, Oracle, SQL etc...

Anyways.. perhaps my stock comment wasn't too helpful but I can say that we
haven't regretted our data domain purchase once in over 2 years.

Mark Glazerman
Desk: 314-889-8282
Cell: 618-520-3401
 please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to