Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bpend_notify

2008-11-07 18:18:12
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bpend_notify
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>
To: <judy_hinchcliffe AT administaff DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 16:09:09 -0700
parent_start_notify & parent_end_notify.

Documentation says they run on the client but it lies.  It only runs on
the master server.

and backup_exit_notify still works on the master server.

Before 6.x, there was no equivalent to the parent starts & end scripts.
It was a constant search to find a battle-hardened method to find when a
whole group of related backups stopped.

-M