Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] multistream a user-defined backup.

2008-11-07 13:06:32
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] multistream a user-defined backup.
From: "Donaldson, Mark" <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>
To: "Michitsch, John" <JMICHITS AT gannett DOT com>, <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 10:53:33 -0700
You're right - user-defined backups won't break into multiple streams.
You can do multiple bpbackup commands.  If you do them in rapid
succession, NetBackup will usually multiplex them correctly onto a tape.
Something like:

for dir in Microsoft Information Store:\*SG*
do
  bpbackup -p policy_name -s ubak_schedname -t 16 $dir
done

Of, if there's sufficient permissions, you can build a policy & then
call the scheduler to perform the backup.  The scheduler can do the
multi-stream inherently.

Policy has
INCLUDE: Microsoft Information Store:\*SG*
"Allow Multiple Streams": Checked

Build it with a "full" policy but no schedule defined.

Then call the scheduler:

-M