Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Post Restorastion issue.

2008-11-05 10:01:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Post Restorastion issue.
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <vinayak.vaijwade AT wipro DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 09:44:33 -0500

The main point in my post was that the issue may be the tool you’re using to do the uncompress doesn’t work because the uncompressed file exceeds some limit (likely 2 GB).  The compress on the other hand worked because the file it created was less than that limit (2 GB).  If that is the case you’d have to do what I did OR insure you are using a GNU compiled uncompress utility that doesn’t have the limit (if it exists).  For me the tool was gzip and as I noted the Linux version handled the file fine.  Likely the version of compress/uncompress you’re using is NOT the GNU version but a proprietary Sun version.